Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anatomy and Physiology: Different Thinkers and the Nervous System

Part 1: Different Thinkers
The test that I did showed that I am a music thinker. When I study, it is probably better to study to music in the background to help me remember the information I studied.  I sometimes also put the information I am studying into a tune of a song to remember it better, (especially when it is with numbers).  By appealing to my musical ability/intelligence, it will make it easier for me to study.  For potential careers, I can possibly be a composer, musician, or sound engineer.


Part 2: The Nervous System
In this game, I learned that nerve impulses can travel from the cranial and cervical regions, or the spinal cord (which is made of the thoracic, lumbar, and sacral regions.)  Below are examples of parts of the body that are wired to each of these different regions:
cranial: liver
cervical: hand, diaphargm
thoracic region of spinal cord: rectus abdominis ("six-pack"), armpit
lumbar region of spinal cord: foot
sacral region of spinal cord: gluteus maximus (muscle that allows the leg to straighten out)


Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment